On July 6, 2022, at 10:00 PM ET, Sabrina Ionescu and the New York Liberty (8-12) take on Kelsey Plum and the Las Vegas Aces (14-6) at Michelob ULTRA Arena.
Las Vegas’ most recent game ended in a 102-71 loss to Minnesota on the road. Plum (12 PTS, 5 AST, 33.3 FG%, 3-8 from 3PT) and Jackie Young were its best players (10 PTS, 2 STL, 50.0 FG percent, 2-4 from 3PT). Marine Johannes (17 PTS, 2 STL, 45.5 FG percent, 5-9 from 3PT) and Ionescu (14 PTS, 9 REB, 8 AST, 27.8 FG percent, 3-12 from 3PT) were the top scorers for New York in its most recent game, which it lost to Los Angeles 84-74 on the road.
Stats that matter for Aces
- The Aces average 89.5 points per game, which is 8.2 more than the 81.3 points the Liberty concede.
- Las Vegas’s odds are 14-3 when it scores more than 81.3 points.
- This season, the Aces have made 45.3 percent of their field goal attempts, which is 4.2 percentage points more than the Liberty have permitted to their opponents (41.1 percent).
- Las Vegas is 14-3 overall and shoots well than 41.1 percent from the field during games.
The form of Liberty
- The Liberty averages 77.3 points a game, which is 7.2 points less than the 84.5 points the Aces allow opponents to score.
- New York is 4-2 when it scores more than 84.5 points.
- In contests where it averages a better field goal percentage than 43.4 percent, New York has a 7-3 straight-up record.
Looking at the form of both the teams, it will be hard to point out a clear favorite. However, the form of the Aces’ players is better than the Liberty. Hence the odds are in the favor of the Aces.