Deauzya “DiDi” Richards is an American basketball player, who is currently playing for the New York Liberty of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). Born on 8 February 1999, Deauzya was her given name, although she prefers to go by DiDi. Damian and Ungeanetta Richards’ daughter, DiDi has one brother, Damian.
College Career of DiDi Richards
DiDi started all 38 of his team’s games as a sophomore, and he helped the Lady Bears win the national title. She was chosen for the Big 12 All-Defensive Team and awarded Defensive Player of the Year for her strong on-ball defense.
Richards won the National Defensive Player of the Year Awards from both the WBCA and Naismith, solidifying her position as one of the top on-ball defenders in the country heading into her junior season. Named as the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. She was ranked first in the Big 12 in all categories while ranking 14th and 13th in the NCAA in terms of assists (171) and assists per game (5.7). Her 171 assists during the COVID-19-shortened season nevertheless placed her sixth among all Baylor juniors in terms of overall assists. DiDi played and started in every one of Baylor’s 30 games while averaging a team-high 29.9 minutes per game.
Some of the Achievements in 2017 season of DiDi Richards
- All-time leading scorer, male or female, at Cypress Ranch with 2,251 career points
- Ranked No. 4 at guard and No. 16 overall in her class according to ESPN Hoopgurlz
- Three-time All-District first-team honoree
- 2017 TABC 6A Girls High School Player of the Year
- 2017 TABC 6A All-State selection
- 2017 6A-III All-Region
- Named a Jordan Brand Classic and McDonald’s All-American in 2017.
Award won in 2018-19 Season of WBCA by DiDi Richards
- WBCA Defensive Player of the Year
- Naismith Defensive Player of the Year Award
- Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year.